Thursday, April 15, 2010

So I have somethings to say...

So I have not had anything to say in awhile so I took a blogging break. No point in forcing it or having a blog about nothing (although Seinfeld was a WHOLE show about nothing!). Well, now I have some things to say...

First of all, as always I appreciate your prayers and kind words more than you know.

Since I last blogged, Harvey lost his job and I am without insurance AGAIN. Can I just tell you that I am SO over that. I need to see a doctor but with no money and no insurance I am just stuck. I was supposed to have an appointment at the end of March with a doctor at Emory. Now that is on hold until we are back to the land of the employed and insured. The way it looks right now, that could be a long time.

I am still not feeling good. I am still not sleeping well at night. I am still in constant pain. I am now having new symptoms. I get the shakes in my hands, and I feel like someone is tasing me from time to time in different areas of my body. I still tire easily. I am a 40 year old woman who should be having the best time of her life and well, that just is not happening. It sucks.

I have lost about 30lbs since I started on the macro diet. It has been a good thing. I am human and I cheat every once in awhile (boy do I pay for that!) but for the most part it has gone well. I eat well. That is one thing people kind of think because I am on a special diet that I am eating cardboard and nothing that tastes good. Far from it. Tonight I had some fish, roasted yellow carrots with Rosemary & Thyme, brown rice and a spinach salad. It was delish and my plate always looks beautiful. it has become a lifestyle and it makes me think about what I am putting in my body and how I cook and what I buy. I am looking forward to a new Farmer's market coming to a local town this summer. Yay!

I do have something to say though. While I have lost weight and I am letting my hair grow out (that could be a blog all on it's own!) people keep telling me how great I look. I appreciate that. I really do. But I wish my inside matched up with the outside. It is really hard for people to believe that I am still a very sick chick. I am still walking without my cane...yeah some days that is easy and some days like today, my feet do not want to cooperate and I trip easily or my knee gives out. It is hard for me to do the simplest tasks. I hurt all over. Having an invisible illness (or in my case two of them) is HARD and just because you cannot see my sickness does not mean it is not there.

Over spring break both of my girls went to Florida on separate trips. Harvey and I decided to go to a Braves game. Go Braves! First game of the season for us and they won! But, I digress. Our seats were in the outfield pavilion, which is almost right inside the gate, we parked in the blue lot which is about two blocks away. We had a blast at the game but I spent three days in bed recovering. I should not have to do that. That is what I am dealing with.

I am trying hard not to put on my fake it til you make it smile. But I do not want to be Debbie Downer all the time either. Those who know me well know when I am lying and call me on it and I appreciate that too. It is just really hard when someone asks me how I am. I do not want to be THAT person that complains, whines and is all woe is me.

I have joy, I laugh a lot, I can be quite silly. I sing, I praise even in the midst of this storm. I know there are people who have it worse than me. I am thankful I can get out of bed and do the things that I do. I have great friends and family who love me. I am blessed.

Just somethings I wanted to say.

Love,
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Jiggy!! Didn't realize you were on Blogger too. Miss you so much :)

    http://tadamgeorge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, (that just keeps getting easier and easier for me!) I continue to pray for you daily! I never see you as the "oh-woe-is-me" person, but the person who is holding her head up high (even when you don't feel like it) and praising God anyway!

    Girl, don't give up! God sees you where you are! He loves you! Hang on and hang on tight!! I see victory on the other side...even if it is the Rapture!! We are winners through Christ. Don't let things here get you down. I know it's easy! But Satan wants you to do just that! Somebody is watching you and your life and seeing Christ lifted up and glorified!

    I love you,and I am praying for you just like always!! You are always a blessing to me. I think of Andy and think of all the friends that rallied to help me through that horrible time. You are on that very short list of people!!

    Remember, I can do all things!

    ReplyDelete