Saturday, September 4, 2010

Things You May or May Not Know...

30 THINGS ABOUT MY INVISIBLE ILLNESS YOU MAY NOT KNOW

1. The illness I live with is:
Mystenia Gravis (Grave Muscle Disease) & Diabetes
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year:
MG 2009, Diabetes 1999
3. But I had symptoms since:
the early 90's
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is:
not being as active as I once was
5. Most people assume:
because I look great that I am no longer sick, which is not the case
6. The hardest part about mornings are:
Getting up and getting ready for work
7. My favorite medical TV show is:
House & Grey's Anatomy
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is:
my computer or my ipod
9. The hardest part about nights are:
not being able to get comfortable enough to sleep
10. Each day I take _
10_ pills & vitamins. (No comments, please)
11. Regarding alternative treatments I:
think if it works that is fabulous but it is costly and not covered by insurance
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: t
his is a hard question to answer
13. Regarding working and career: I am blessed to still be able to work and have people who understand that I am sick. I love my job.
14. People would be surprised to know: how much pain I am really in ALL the time.
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: how much time I spend in bed.
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: get on a plane and fly to Philly
17. The commercials about my illness: There are none.
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: just being able to go go go all the time
19. It was really hard to have to give up: the idea that I may ever be healthy again, because there is treatment for my diseases but no cure for them.
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: blogging, although I have not done so in awhile. I have not had much to say, or the energy to say it.
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: hop in my car and take a road trip
22. My illness has taught me: nothing in this life is guaranteed
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: Wow, you look fabulous you must be feeling better.
24. But I love it when people: tell me that they are praying for me or when they help me do things.
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is:
1 Peter 5:10 (this is one of many) And the God of all grace, who called you to HIS eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Romans 12:12 Be JOYFUL in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: it is not the end of the world, it is just a new normal.
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: how truly painful pain is
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: there are so many.
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: I want others to know about Invisible Illness
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: like you are listening and maybe learning a little bit more about Invisible Illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment