Wednesday, December 9, 2009

City Sidewalks...

Yeah this is SO not about the Christmas song. This is about the city sidewalks I have been walking.

Today we got to the hospital (where they told us to go for my bloodwork) and they did not have me in their system...yay! What a way to start the day...we left the house at 6:30 so we could get to the lab at 7 when they opened. at 7:40 after going back and forth to the lab and the admissions desk the admissions man said I could not have my bloodwork done there. I would have to go to another lab because of my insurance. He says the good news is that the lab is nearby just a couple of blocks away...yeah his idea of a couple of blocks and mine are WAY different. You all would be totally impressed with the amount of walking I have been doing. Dr. T told John that I needed some exercise...well the doc can rest assured that I am getting the exercise.

So this morning it was rainy and windy. We decided since it was so "close" we would just go ahead and walk since we had parking already. FIVE, yes FIVE blocks later we were where we were supposed to be. I got my blood drawn around 8:30 and made it back to the car around 9:45...just saying I walk slow...it's all I got right now. I have learned that traffic in Philly does not yield to pink caned ladies, you have to watch what you are doing when you carry an umbrella, the sidewalk is terribly uneven and it is hard to do all of that while watching where you walk. Thankfully John is pretty patient when I walk and makes sure to look out for all that stuff. He also carries my purse for me so that no one steals it...he is good that way! Always looking out for me, much as he did when we kids.

So after walking five blocks to get to the lab we had to walk six back to the car...you do the math...I walk ELEVEN blocks today. Yeah, I needed a long nap to recover.

I got my bloodwork done but the insurance company is giving us an issue about pre certifying my procedures...pray that when I call in the morning they will tell me what I want to hear and that I can indeed have my procedures. I am tired and frustrated with all of that. I just want to get all of this stuff done. I want to be home with my family...Olivia cries EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I talk to her and I do not know how much more of that I can take...

So say a prayer or two for me...specifically about the insurance stuff.

Love, Jenn

PS I walked about 200 yards yesterday outside without my cane...aren't you impressed??? I was! LOL! I have not done that in a very long time and I was a little shaky but before long I will be walking way further than that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment