Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Well...not the news I really wanted to hear, but...

So the nerve conduction test was awful...as it always is. I have to say John did a great job of distracting me and hand holding during the needle part...I did not get a sticker so THAT was disappointing. We have some good news and some not so good news.

The not so good is that they do not know what is going on with me and I am going to have to go for some more testing. He discovered today that the nerve on the outside of my leg is not working which is a huge problem and that the nerve on the inside of my arm from my elbow to my wrist is also an issue, but we knew that going in. It has been having issues all along.

He is not convinced I have CIDP but he does not know what the problem is hence more testing. I will have to have an MRI on my leg and then I will also have to have a spinal tap...that just flat out sucks. I did not expect that and I am not excited about it AT ALL. I will also have to wait ten days and do some MAJOR bloodwork. He can't do it now because the nerve conduction will skew the results. So I am here for at least ten more days and Ron says that is plenty of time to get back in time for our Rejoice! LOL!

The sheet for the bloodwork has FIFTEEN things marked off on it and one of them takes a month to get the results back because it has to go to Boston. It is called a SMP-Sensory Motor Panel. So we are waiting to hear from Tessa at Dr. T's office to set up the MRI and Spinal Tap and then we will have to wait on the bloodwork stuff. So we are looking at at least tem more days of me being gone. We will go from there after the bloodwork.

I am trying to process through all of this but I feel like I am back at square one with all the testing and not knowing. I think he is looking for something pretty serious, or at least that is what I am thinking after listening to him today. He said I am mystery. He is just not sure and wants to figure it out. I am thankful for that.

So I guess the good news is that Dr. T is willing to try to figure me out and in the meantime I get to hang out with some fun folks. Jack and Alycia have not been feeling good so that has been the reason I have not taken any pictures. When Jack is feeling better I will get the camera out and go to town!

I appreciate you all so much. For the love, support & prayers. They mean so very much to me. Keep them up!

Love, Jenn

8 comments:

  1. We all knew you were a woman of mystery, but it's good to get a doctor's confirmation. Hang tough, toots.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have em do another brain scan...I am not satisfied with your previous results. Spinal Tap is a band ain't it? So you are joining a band? Kewl.

    God bless ya sis. Hang in there and dont let em take all your blood cause the flight home might be wild if you are already light headed from being bloodless.

    :-) Love ya,
    Darren the Greenbean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get my post? Normally it says waiting for approval I didn't get that this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, there are some great things in your post - the Dr is not taking anyone's word for anything, so it will be a straight up diagnosis from him, and it will be based on in depth tests that you could not afford to get before - very thorough and I bet they find the right answer. I am glad that stinking test is over and I am going to pray you never have it again. Hang in there girl - and rest as often as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you went with what you thought would be the plan and God is just shaking his head. He has you back at square one because HE is reminding you that HE is in control and things never turn out like we had planned. Continuing to pray. Keep strong in your faith. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

    Love and miss you!
    ...pinky touch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is going to try to figure you out? Jiggy come on. there are so many punch lines i could use after a statement like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Jeff I know! You should pray hard for the doc!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn, I know it has been a long time since we have talked, but I AM PRAYING FOR YOU! As a person with chronic pain myself, I can hope that they will find out what is wrong and fix it for you. I am so thankful that you have had this oppertunity. I know you miss your family, but if you recieve helpo it will all be worth it. God Bless you Jennifer and I will keep on prayin...your friend, Gloria

    ReplyDelete