Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fuzzy pants, warm blankets, college football and SNOW!

Well, this could well be the best day ever except for the fact that I am in a funk. I am not sure why but I am. I am missing my family, I am missing The Journey and I am just missing.

John says I am doing good...with the whole being thing although it is such a challenge for me. I feel like I am in the way, or taking up too much time. You know the old saying about fish and guests...well, I have been here 6 days already! John and Alycia have been so gracious and Jack is really starting to warm up to me. He was wrestling with me this morning and even though it really hurt me it was really fun. He has really been a lot of fun.

So today I did not get out of my jammies, have not fixed my hair, I did brush my teeth...that would just be gross if I did not! I have planted myself on the couch with my fuzzy pink blanket (Thanks Becca!) and watched all kinds of college football (GO TECH!) and had a fabulous three bean chili that John cooked for dinner, three bean chili, fresh collards with italian dressing and it was delish! I am trying hard to do this macro thing and so far so good. I had a delish salmon the other night and I am eating lots of brown rice I actually like it and it is good for me so that is the important thing. I am trying to help where and when I can. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen even though John told me not too...He went to take a nap so I did it anyway. I am really not cut out to be a lazy or still person I am convinced.

I keep hearing how great the kids are doing at Journey. I am so so sad that I am not there to walk through and see the city. I know that everyone has worked so hard to pull it all off and it is the kick off to the Christmas season for me. I am feeling really removed from the whole Christmas season at the moment. I am feeling pretty removed and lonely at the moment. I am not sure what I will do tomorrow morning when I have no FBCL to go to. I miss my choir and I miss my church family. Just keep praying for me.

Love, Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Saying lots of prayers for you Jenn. I can somewhat relate - of course not with the pain, but with being away from family. It is so tough! Big (air) hugs. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete