Monday, November 30, 2009

Airplanes, reunions and nerve tests OH MY!

Well hello there. This is the first time I have had to update the blog. My computer will not pick up a wireless signal so I am using John's and so here I am.

My flight to Philly was good. I had to pay extra to have my overweight luggage on board, I had a fabulous wheelchair ride to security...that is where it gets fun...apparently my insulin and syringes and laptop set off some sort of Homeland Security alarm and I had to have my stuff rexrayed, and I had to be PATTED down...SERIOUSLY??? The nice lady asked if I had any sensitive areas on my body...I told her my whole body. She just looked at me and continued to pat me down...so after that it was back in the wheelchair and onto the gate. They also took my cane away and put it through the xray machine and then the guy asked me if I was able to walk without it. REALLY. If I was able to walk without it I would you fool...so he held my hand while I walked through the metal detector.

I had my gate switched from B14 to B-3 which is almost at the end of the B gates. I am so glad I took advantage of the wheelchair services. When I got to the ticket counter the agent informed me that they had changed my seat. I was closer to the front and had a window seat. That worked out really well. As most of you know, I seem to be a magnet for people who like to overshare so there was a specific prayer that I get a quiet seat mate. Well, prayers were answered and as soon as my seat mate sat down she said hello and promptly put her earbuds in. Thank you Jesus.

The flight was uneventful. We hit a little turbulence here and there but for the most part it was a smooth flight. John met me at baggage claim and promptly threw his back out dragging my suitcase off the belt and to the car. It was very cool to see him after so long. I did let him give me a hug. It was the least I could do after all he has done for me over the last month. Alycia was waiting up for us and we hit it off right away. Jack and I met this morning and at first he would not talk to me but now we are friends and I think tomorrow when my box of stuff comes tomorrow and he gets his present from "iggy" it will seal the deal!

Leaving the family behind was horrendous. Olivia was hysterical, Emma was crying and me and Harvey just tried to hold it together...I have talked to them several times since and they seem to be doing okay. I miss them terribly but know that all the things I am doing will get me back to them in better health and in the long rin that is what s best for all of us.

Now onto the news of the day...we went to Philadelphia today to the doctor. We got there in time...this is where it went horribly LONG! The waited for about 30 minutes for them to take me back, then I waited for what seemed like forever before the PA (Amy) came in and ran me through my paces. Then we waited some more...my appointment was at 2 and the doctor came in sometime around 4...SERIOUSLY! The ironic part is that on my patient information says to be on time because they try to run on time and that if you are more than 15 minutes late they will cancel your appointment...so after waiting all that time, the doctor is quite concerned. He is not convinced that I have CIDP. Yet he is not sure what is going on yet SO...

Tomorrow at 11am he will be doing another EMG-that is a nerve conduction test...this is not my first rodeo, I have had two of these. He wants to see for himself. The lady at the office told us that the earliest they could get us in was December 15th. John promptly explained that that was not soon enough so she called back and had our appointment for tomorrow. God is good.

They also want me to do some PT as my right side has a severe deficit. My shoulder is frozen and needs some work. So we will do what we have to do and get that done. So rest assured that while I am away I am hard at work trying to get better. This is quite the adventure.

So keep praying, I need it. I am really feeling a bit disappointed about sort of being back at square one but I also feel hopeful that the doctor is on the right track and we will get the answers I have been looking for for the last two years. I am also a little scared of the unknown but as God has promised me in Timothy...He has not given me a spirit of fear so I will cling to that in these days when I am away from all things comfortable.

To the Pink Nation I have been blessed by your encouraging cards and letters. I love you all.

Love, Jenn

12 comments:

  1. Girly - will be watching and waiting for every bit of info you send, including through Sandie! If I can do anything for your family here while you are gone, y'all let me know. I will be praying and looking forward to all that God is doing for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jiggy!! I love you and I'm praying for you!! God promise all things work together for good! It may not seem like it now, but hold on!! In Psalms, weeping only lasts for the night, but JOY comes in the morning!! (I think it's Psalms!)

    I'm praying!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you Jen as you take on this new adventure in your life. May all your questions be answered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for you today. God reminded me that he does not call the enabled, he enables the called. He has provided you with this amazing opportunity - he will give the strength and the resources to see this journey to good health through! Pink nation continues to pray for you - and Loganville is much bluer without you:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jiggy,
    Sorry you are having to have the EMG again, but I hope you are on the way to health. Prayers here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you had a safe (though exciting!) trip. You are doing the best thing... for yourself and your family. And putting yourself in God's hand is always the best thing! Take care! (I've had nerve conduction tests on my hands, wrists, arms [carpel tunnel]... it doesn't hurt [well, at least MINE didn't], but they sure feel weird, don't they?! Love ya, Jiggy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love and miss you!!!
    ...pinky touch...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jiggy, I was thinking of you and praying for you all day today~ I am praying for peace and comfort for you tonight! That God almighty will wrap His loving arms around you and let you know that He knows, and that He is in total control. Nothing is a surprise to Him. Nothing is a puzzle to Him, and HE will be there to walk you through every little detail. He has proven Himself time and time again, in and through you, and He will not stop here. He is faithful to complete His work that He has begun. Love and hugs! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm praying girly!! And just so you know I can not any email from you. So if you need to ever tell me anything you will need to call! :-)
    LN

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAHOO, you are there and on the road to healing!!! I know it must be hard to feel like you have gone backwards to move forward but I am thankful the Dr. is being oh so very careful and making sure he gets this right! Hang in there and please keep blogging when it's all over I will be sure to share with you what a blessing your journey has been to me! I am thankful for you Jenn.

    Collyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. JIGGY! pray for you constantly. love ya girl. see ya.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank God you made it there ok - and now the road to recovery can begin. How sad your right side has a deficit. I hope they can help that right away - but it will be painful. Jiggy, hang in there - that test cringes me so I can't imagine what it does for you. I will send tons of prayers up for you. Big air hugs...

    ReplyDelete