Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Blindside

Emma and I went to the movie The Blindside tonight. Olivia is at my mom's baking pies for Thanksgiving and spending the night so I wanted to spend some time with Emma. That is what we decided to do. If you get a chance to go please do it is a great movie based on a true story and I loved it. But it got me to thinking...in one scene Sandra Bullock has to explain about protecting the blindside of the quarterback. She said you have to protect the quarterback like he is a member of your family. And that got me to thinking.

You all are the left tackle...you have to protect the quarteback (in this case, my family) from being blindsided while I am gone. I have to trust you all to do your job so my family does not get sacked...seriously that is what was going through my head during that scene. I am trusting my quarterback to you...please make sure they are not blindsided while I am gone.

We are in 72 hour countdown mode. Well, at least I am...I think my lists have lists! I spent part of the day rocking Trey. He was all smiles when I got there and he had had a good night and did a great job of taking some stuff out of the bottle, he has to learn how to suck...he did a great job today. I held him for as long as I could today. He was alert and wiggly for part of the time and he slept for part of the time. That is when I talk to him and tell him about all the important things like about rooting for the Braves, the Colts and all about his huge fan club! :)

I really did not want to leave but had to attend the funeral of Ms. Lura Wilson whom I have come to know and love dearly over the last few years. She was the most precious woman and I will miss her so. I know she is in a much better place and I know she is with her Lord but for those left behind it will leave a huge void.

Left there and ran some errands...I had to remail a box of things to NJ that came back to me...my fault as I wrote the address wrong so I will have to wait until Tuesday to see my fuzzy robe, contour pillow and other goodies I sent. Jack will have to wait for his presents from Jenn as well. Poor kid! LOL!

Got home long enough to talk to Olivia, take a short rest and head out the door again. THANKFULLY tomorrow I can shut the alarm off and sleep as late as I want too. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving at my sister's in the evening. So I will get up when I get up, catch up on some shows I have missed and be in my fuzzy pants at least until when we have to get ready to go to Krista's.

Friday I get to go rock Trey again and this time I can stay until I am no longer allowed! :) No time limits. I like that! I know that I will be much more centered when I leave.

Saturday will be another day of rest, a day of packing and getting all the last minute things in place. I am sure I will be panicked by the time I lay my head on my pillow but at that point...well what good will all of that do me? I have to remember the wise advice a friend gave me this week to just breathe. I am trying hard to follow that advice. I think that is the only way I will get through this next three days.

So you guys remember to protect my quarterback and I will try to remember to breathe!

Love, Jenn

2 comments:

  1. I'll be protecting your quarterback by praying! :-)
    LN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray that I don't let the quarterback get sacked! I am so afraid I am going to screw things up...you know me BBFF

    ReplyDelete