Saturday, November 21, 2009

The countdown is on

Wow! The last few weeks have been incredibly crazy. But now I am in full fledged countdown mode. In about thirty minutes I will be on the one week countdown. Am I ready for that? Not so much.

In 7 days I will be getting on a plane and flying away from my family and my church. This is a scary thing for me. John keeps telling me it is "just a doctor's appointment a little further away from home" yeah, 667 miles from home. Not that I am counting or anything!

I have much to do before I leave. I have to work on Monday and Tuesday. I have to make sure everything is in place before I go so that things will run smoothly. I have a to do list and I will plug away at it until it all gets done. It will all get done...

I have my notebooks organized. That was a good thing to do. I have a notebook with all my important numbers and calendars and everything I will need for when I am gone. Now Harvey and the girls have a notebook for while I am gone which contains scheduling info, who is doing what when and even the grocery list. Although I am thinking that with everyone who has volunteered meals groceries will be the least of their concerns.

I am waiting on a new sim card for my cell phone. I have lost several phones over the last few months. I found the original lost one with all my info in it so we have to get a new sim for it so I can take it with me. That way I can be in contact with everyone here.

I will be going to rock Trey twice this next week. I will be going Wednesday and Friday. I am thinking it will be just what I need to relax. I am telling you holding that boy in my arms and just loving on him does me way more good than it does him!

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family at my sister's house. That will be a good thing. I am looking forward to that. I am excited because we will get to have Wyatt there. That was not the original plan so we are looking forward to seeing him!

I will be packing on Saturday so that I will be all ready to go. I am not sure how that will go but I will give it a good go so that I will not be over the limit. I already shipped some things ahead so that I did not have to put them in my suitcase. We decided after much discussion that Harvey and the girls will not take me to the airport. We will say goodbye at the house and then they will go do something fun...I think I heard Olivia say they wanted to go bowling, and then a good friend will take me to the airport. I think that will be best for all involved.

Pray for us all as that day approaches. There have been lots of tears and tantrums over the last few days and I know it is because we are all stressed by the things that are going on and that we are all just trying our best to make it through the coming days. We know this is what we are supposed to do but the doing it is difficult.

Thank you all for your continued love, support and prayers. I think I have lost count of how many have told us that they are praying for us. It is so humbling and it is such a blessing to know that so many are storming the throne on our behalf. I know that is how we have made it through the last two years and how we will make it through the coming days!

Love, Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying Jenn!
    I agree I think the girls doing a fun thing instead of drivng away from the airport without you is a better plan!
    Are you going to do Skype with them?
    My sister talks to her son at Tulane all the time with it.
    LN

    ReplyDelete