Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So there's this boy

and I have a crush on him! His name is Trey. He is my friend Lee's little boy who was born at 25 weeks and has been in the hospital his whole life. I had the honor of going to love on Trey yesterday. Can I say I think it did me more good than it did him. I spent three and a half hours sitting in the dark and quiet (well as quiet as the NICU can be with all the monitors and respirators etc) and just loved on that boy. I think I have a crush. He has the biggest sweetest eyes and he is fiesty and I cannot wait to see what God has planned for him and I am convinced that God indeed has a plan to prosper Trey.

After all of the excitement of last week you know where my hair was on fire as I was trying to get things settled here in order to leave...well Trey was just what I needed. When I left him he was still sleeping and I was feeling quite the sense of peace. The traffic did not bother me (and for those of you who REALLY know me-that in itself is a MIRACLE), nothing bothered me. Not even the fact that I have given up DDP. I was tempted to stop on the way home and get some but did not because I was just so calm and happy. Even today as I got up and got a busy start to the day Trey was fresh on my mind. I feel more centered and at peace than I have in days. Trey was on my mind all day and I am really hoping that I will have another opportunity to go rock that boy. He stole my heart last night but when you look at that sweet face how could he not? So yeah just in case you hadn't heard, I have a crush...

Love, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment