Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Your prayers are working!

I have been busy the past couple of days. Trying to get my family situated and my work life situated. I am a little overwhelmed and in the midst of all of this I quit DDP cold turkey! What the heck was I thinking???

Anyway, your prayers are definitely being felt and they are really working! I was having some trouble getting the referral from my neuro. For some reason when you ask for medical records or referrals they take it as a personal offense and act as if I have done something wrong. I am just trying to get treatment. So it took me almost a week but I FINALLY got the referral! It came yesterday! So it along with my appointment card, & my patient info is all safely tucked away ready to go to Philadelphia!

I am leaving at 9:50pm on Sunday November 29th. I will arrive in Philly at 11:56pm. I am a little nervous about being at the airport the Sunday after Thanksgiving but I am hopeful that I will be able to get a ride to the gate and I will not have to worry too much about being jostled. I have not flown in a really long time (Emma was just a baby) and I am little nervous about the whole thing. But I know it will all be okay.

The girls and Harvey are settling into the idea of me being gone. I have a notebook where I am keeping all of my information to take with me. Emma says I need one for here to write down all of the things that they need to do! :) I love that kid.

I am on day four of no DDP. I HATE water with a passion but I suppose I will adjust. It is hard to walk down the ailse at the store and walk right by and not put any in the cart! I am taking it one day at a time and hopefully it will be better soon. Keep praying...I have not killed anyone yet! :)

I hope you all know how much I appreciate your prayers, well wishes and love. I cannot tell you how much that means to us. Keep it up. This is just the beginning!

Love, Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Jenn,

    Just wanted to pop in and tell you how excited I am for you and this journey you are on! I know this path will not be easy but I am so impressed with the way you are jumping in head first and girl you have the best navigator you can have, Jesus! Proud of you for allowing Him to direct you in Every aspect even with DDP. I will be praying and thinking about you and your family. Also, so very thankful you are blogging. LOVE IT! Go Pink Nation!! Go Jiggy!! Can't wait to see what God does through all of this!!! : )

    Collyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, did you know you can request a wheelchair at the airport and they'll help you with everything? I flew 3 months after my stroke. I requested a wheelchair and they had one waiting for me. They wheeled me to my gate and checked me in. You can request a wheelchair be waiting for you when you land and they'll have someone there to help you too. It was a huge help to me and I think it would help you too. Praying you are able to get the treatment you need and are feeling much better soon.

    Cindy/Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I am waiting on my flight info stuff to get here so I can go book all of that stuff. I will take full advantage as the ATL airport is massive!

    ReplyDelete