Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankfulness

I am a pretty thankful person most days. Not just around Thanksgiving. I am thankful for big things and little things. Silly things that make no one but me happy, things that God has given me or shown me. Just really depends on the day. But since getting sick I think I have a heightened sense of gratefulness. You know like being grateful that I can get out of bed, get my kids to school and go to work. It is not always easy but God gets me through the day.

I am SO thankful for so many things. I thought I would post them here so you can see that if you look really hard there is a lot to be thankful for not just at Thanksgiving.

So here goes. This could get long. There may be tears...well if you know me I cry all the time. So there WILL be tears!

Things I am thankful for in no particular order:

*My family-that is a given, for the children that doctors said would never be conceived, for the marriage that people said would not last...I am thankful.

*My faith-since finding John again, my faith has been tested and strengthened. He has reminded me that I am strong in my faith, I know what I believe, and that God has a plan through all of the things that I have been through. And that is to glorify God in ALL circumstances. I am so thankful for God showing me things daily that are molding me and shaping to be a better vessel for HIM.

*My work family-I do not say it flippantly, I am SO blessed to work in a place where at any moment of the day we can stop and pray for one another...that is so cool...where we really do share one another's burdens, where I really do LOVE my job. Where I really do LOVE my boss. It is a pleasure to go to work each day...a lot of people cannot say that. I am so thankful that I have been allowed to take the time that I need to be gone and know that they are praying for me and taking care of things here so that I do have to worry about thing (although as you know I will worry anyway.).

*I am SO thankful for my scrapbooking girls. Just when I turn lazy and change plans on them they show up and show off to make my last scrapbooking of the year extra special. They decided to carry out my original plan unbeknownst to me. You ladies are so special to me and I am so thankful knowing that when I leave my Pink Nation Warriors will be lifting me in constant prayer. For you all I am SO VERY thankful.

*I am thankful for fuzzy pants...I know it's a little thing that makes the world of difference...when you are in constant pain being clothed hurts. I know that sounds nuts but it does. Fuzzy pants do not hurt me to wear. So whoever invented fuzzy pants...I am thankful for you!

*I am thankful for Facebook. I know another silly thing that has made all the difference in my life. If not for faceboook I would have never found John and we would not be on this journey to wellness I am convinced. So Mark Zukerburg for you I am thankful even though you have no idea who I am.

*Modern technology, I am VERY thankful to you for allowing me to keep people informed in a short amount of time. I am also thankful for the person or person who invented the laptop. I am also thankful that I now have one. Thanks John!

*The list could go on and on and on of all of the many things I am thankful for. Mostly I am thankful for you all who are reading this blog and keeping up with me and praying for me and taking care of me and my family during this time.

Colossians 3:15

Love, Jenn

1 comment: