Sunday, November 8, 2009

No Diet Dr. Pepper + Jiggy=disaster?

So I have had a long standing love affair with Diet Dr. Pepper. Anyone who knows me knows that I usually have one at just about all times. I gave up Diet Dr. Pepper yesterday. I drank my last one about 10am. I am now completely DDP free.

Seriously? What was I thinking? I have a headache the size of all outdoors and I am trying hard not to be crabby.

They say it takes 21 days to break a habit. In 21 days I will be flying out to Philly. Maybe by then I will feeling a little better about this whole giving up my DDP. Maybe, just maybe!

Pray for me as I am doing the best for my health even when it is not easy.

Love, Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Did you have to stop cold turkey? You couldn't gradually do it? Man!
    Isn't that like quitting a drug cold turkey??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you have to give up your DDP? The caffeine or aspartame (or both)? Just curious. I can't have either because of my fibromyalgia and HBP. It makes dieting more difficult though because I do not like water. I am glad you are doing so good already. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jiggy (and Teresa): MAKE yourself drink nothing but water. When I gave up sweet tea (my vice) and other soft drinks, I carried around a bottle of water and wouldn't allow myself to drink anything else. Try adding lemon for flavor or try the flavored waters they sell in stores. By the end of one month nothing else will taste good...will probably taste too sweet!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete